Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fresh Eyes & New Ideas


Recently I was going through a lot of my old images -  primarily to update my filing system, or rather to bring the older stuff in line with the way I have settled on doing things now.

I didn't get very far. As often seems to happen, I go for a trip down memory lane instead of getting on with the sorting and filing. And inevitably, I end up 'playing' with a number of the images too, as I've found that with the time that's passed between the shooting of a lot of these older images, my post processing skills & tastes have changed, and I often end up getting different or better results. Sometimes I find images that I had completely forgotten about or overlooked initially too, which now suddenly grab my attention and ask to be given another chance. New software, improved skills, better understanding of my 'style' - all these things keep me from the initial job at hand - but for the better.

Coincidentally, another great photographer and trainer I follow, Scott Kelby, has posted similar thoughts on a recent blog of his here which you may want to have a read of.

No comments:

Post a Comment