Friday, October 8, 2010

DIY Time

I'd forgotten how much I love the DIY side of photography, and these days it can be too easy to avoid going down that path when we are surrounded by technology & computers doing everything for you at the touch of a button, the click of a mouse. I needed to get some new sync cables to connect some wireless receivers to my flashes & I needed to get them sorted for the weekend...  was planning on buying some tomorrow & then gave myself a slap to the back of the head Gibbs style. I've already got all the bits I need in a box of 'not sure what I'll ever want this for but you just never know'. Thirty minutes later with the help of a pair of wire cutters, soldering iron and some heat shrink we're good to go!

I don't think a photographers bag is complete until there are some home made bits and pieces in it, held together with gaffers tape or whatever else was on hand at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment